Concierge dentistry is a patient-focused philosophy that allows us to deliver high-quality services in a sophisticated and comfortable environment. The care and support you need shouldn’t be dictated by insurance restrictions or promotional partnerships. It should always be based on delivering the kind of care that will improve your dental and overall health.
Concierge dentistry is often compared and contrasted to corporate dentistry (sometimes called a managed group practice), which is not quite an apples to oranges kind of thing. The opposite of the corporate dentist would technically be the independent dentist, and being independent doesn’t automatically mean that you can deliver concierge level services. For that, you have to go a step further.
Still, if you understand the nature of corporate dental practices, it will help make it clear how concierge services are different.
The Corporate Landscape
Corporate dentistry, by its very definition, must prioritize profitability and the highest monetary returns possible. They are working within a structure that requires this kind of focus. Unfortunately, this could lead to several potential problems that concierge dentists can avoid.
For example, it’s possible that a corporate dentist may recommend treatments and services that aren’t in the best interest of the patient. Profit-based models may also get in the way of providing the highest quality care or customized treatments. They may be dealing with things like sponsorships that tie them to specific products or specialists, which could also encourage them to recommend expensive or unnecessary treatments and use inferior materials. When you chose sales over the best service possible, it can lead to problems.
Despite these potential issues, there has been a pretty big shift toward the corporate model because the larger size gives more negotiating power with vendors, suppliers, and even other dentists. However, if this means that patients aren’t getting the care they need, then perhaps it’s time to look at something in an office that goes beyond a familiar corporate logo.
What You Get with Concierge Dentistry
Concierge dentistry is all about skipping the corporate structure to provide quality, customized dental care. It is about being committed to patient care and quality materials at a fair price.
At Galleria Dentistry, we’ve developed an office culture that supports our mission of providing concierge level dentistry. This means we work hard to create a comfortable, welcoming, and sophisticated environment and all our recommendations are centered on the most beneficial treatments for your situation. On top of that, we can deliver these benefits without the annual fee that many other require.
When you take advantage of our concierge dentistry, you get:
- Access to the doctor, 24-7, for existing patients. We don’t rely on answering services or machines. His personal assistant will work with you, especially in emergency situations, to make sure you get the help you need.
- A focus on providing exceptional patient-oriented care. Our treatment recommendations are not based on what insurance wants or allows.
- A doctor who is not financially obligated to one specialist so we can always refer you to the best person who can take care of your problem.
- A staff that is specially trained to provide this higher level of dental care.
- Warm, personalized care. Dr. Geronemus treats all his patients as if they were family. The relationships we’ve built over the years are very important to us, and we’ve been treating many patients for decades.
- Free home bleaching every year after a one time purchase. (Two cleaning per year required.)
- Aesthetic rejuvenation with the new “alive” all-porcelain veneers and crowns.
- Minimally invasive treatments that use our high-power looper and intra-oral camera with 60x magnification.
- Co-ordination with our highly trained staff to handle any insurance questions. We can also help complete and send your claim electronically (when it’s necessary) to help you get your quickest benefit.
- Patient-friendly, 12 month free financing or extended payments with fair rates, as determined by your credit.
- A comfortable environment where you can take advantage of noise cancelling ear phones or virtual reality glasses to help you relax.
Why Offer Concierge Services?
It takes a lot of work to offer concierge dentistry, but to us, it’s worth it. We want to provide the best care possible, and that means can use this type of dentistry to find a way around the restrictions and limitations that some insurance companies place on the treatments that can be done.
We don’t want to ever compromise the level of care we can offer, and concierge dentistry allows us to spend time with our patients and provide a higher level of consultations and dental care than may be possible in traditional or corporate settings. If you want to experience this for yourself, be sure and contact us to learn more.